Sunday, May 2, 2010

Unions

Unions have no place in government. Unions were originally designed to protect employees from the big, bad employer, which they did a great job at. Now they’re designed to control the government. That’s the people’s job. The government doesn’t screw it’s employees so there’s no need for unions in government. If I’m chosen by the people to represent them, unions in government are gone. The government will once again be represented and controlled by the people. And to you union workers, if you’re a good employee, which I assume most of you are, you’ll be happy. No more union dues, no more strikes, no more being used as pawns. Your fellow Oregonians will make sure you’re treated fairly and compensated justly.

Now don’t get me wrong here, If employees of a private company want to be in a union, they have every right to be. But the state is going to watch that union like a hawk and make sure that the rights of every single Oregonian in that union are in tact. I will encourage Oregonians to become a “Right to Work” State.

Every worker in Oregon deserves to be treated fairly and with respect, not just union workers. Oregon’s laws, and more important, our enforcement of the laws should reflect that. I’ve been in situations with my employer where they broke the law and screwed me. They knew what they were doing, they knew that chances were they could get away with it because I wouldn’t get a lawyer and pursue it. I bet lots of Oregonians have experienced something similar. Has Chris Dudley? Allen Alley? Doubtful. In my case, it would have been GREAT to have a union on my side. Or maybe a state that actually did it’s job!!

As Governor, I’ll make sure the state does it’s job for you. You won’t need to pay a union. You won’t need to pay a lawyer and muddle through the legal system. I’ve experienced these kinds of things first hand and know what needs to be done to help you. I’m going to restructure BOLI into an agency that is there for you, the employee. If you think your employer is breaking the law, you call BOLI and they will go to bat for you 100%.

You see, I know this may seem strange to some (the elite), but Oregon should really be watching out for Oregonians, meaning the people in Oregon, meaning it’s citizens. Not unions, or corporations, or politicians, or political parties, or politicians friends, or fringe groups, or special interest groups. So let’s take it back and turn Oregon into what we want it to be…because WE CAN DO WHAT EVER WE WANT TO DO BECAUSE WE ARE IN CHARGE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment